What is global education?
Education is the process by which students acquire knowledge and skills through various interesting methods such as discussion, reading, researching, etc under guidance. What is global education? Global Education is an innovative approach to bringing an active change in our society.
- Bridges the gap: It bridges the gap between people of one country with the rest of the world.
- Increases understanding: It raises the understanding of economic, political, societal, cultural, and environmental factors which influence lives in different countries.
- Raises awareness: It increases awareness about global challenges such as deforestation, poverty, uneven distribution and wastage of resources, etc
- Equal distribution of resources: It helps in working towards even distribution of resources and achieving a sustainable environment for a better future.
- Active citizens: It educates and empowers people globally to develop skills, attitudes, and values to bring about change in their lives and society. Moreover, it motivates them to become active and responsible citizens who take control of their actions and work for the betterment of the world.
What is the need for global education?
Technology has bridged the gap between humans geographically and psychologically. The way people gain knowledge, interact, and participate has widely transformed. Moreover, we all are becoming intensely connected by breaking the walls of social, cultural and language barriers. Now, to gain better insights about global concerns and develop critical thinking, students are prepared to contribute to improving the society, stay informed, be socially aware, and explore the traditions, cultures, and history of different regions of the world.
How are teachers helping kids become global citizens?
People have formed communities according to their common interests and habits. Similarly, based on geographical, economic, political, and religious identities, there are separate communities. Nowadays, with technological innovation, people have become more connected with each other. Therefore, the impact of an individual on other people’s life has increased on a global scale.
Global citizenship involves rights, awareness, responsibilities, and participation with being in the community of those who are willing to quench their thirst with knowledge and restore humanity with compassion to make the world better. Global citizens are students and educators who are:-
- Aware of self and others
- Have a sense of responsibility
- Take a stand for social justice
- Respect other people’s value and diversity
- Believe in equal distribution of resources
- Promote sustainability for generations to come
Teachers are helping kids become global citizens in various ways:-
- By connecting with the students: To engage students in classrooms, educators engage themselves in conversation. Teachers align student’s thoughts and clarify their doubts about crucial discussions on global matters.
- Challenge perceptions about the world: By teaching them how to question everything before they believe, they develop better-thinking skills and understand everything in depth rather than just gulping down the information that is provided to them.
- Gain knowledge personally: Students engage with other educators, understand their viewpoint. Furthermore, they read different articles and books, by various authors for the same.
- Use of technology: Technology is used for the students to connect with the rest of the world.
- The process of learning, thinking and acting: Learn-act-think is an amazing method to introduce global citizenship to the students:-
- a) Learn– By considering the issue from different viewpoints rather than looking it from one perspective and getting the in-depth analysis of the causes as well as consequences.
- b) Think– Thinking about what can be done for a specific issue.
- c) Act– Ultimately taking thoughtfully planned action as an active citizen in the group or individually.
The world is huge and full of diverse people from different countries who follow different cultures and beliefs. We, at Arwachin Kids, educate children about world issues, human rights, and help them connect with students from different background and ask them to question everything while understanding other people’s perception. Visit us at- https://arwachinkids.com/